Congratulations to the finalists for the 2014 Lambda Literary Awards in the LGBT Children’s/Young Adult category!
- Better Nate Than Ever, Tim Federle, Simon & Schuster, Inc./ Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Boy In Box, Christopher R. Michael, Hubbub Publishing
- Girls I’ve Run Away With, Rhiannon Argo, Moonshine Press
- If You Could Be Mine, Sara Farizan, Algonquin Books
- Openly Straight, Bill Konigsberg, Arthur A. Levine Books
- Rapture Practice, Aaron Hartzler, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Secret City, Julia Watts, Bella Books
- The Secret Ingredient, Stewart Lewis- Author, Rebecca Short-Editor, Delacorte Press (Penguin/Random House)
- The Summer Prince, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Arthur A. Levine Books
- Two Boys Kissing, David Levithan, Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- What Makes a Baby, Cory Silverberg and illustrated by Fiona Smyth, Seven Stories Press/Triangle Square
You cannot buy electronics with food stamps. You cannot buy cigarettes with food stamps. You cannot buy pet food with food stamps. You cannot withdraw money with an EBT card (food stamps).
Do you know what else you can’t buy with food stamps? Shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, tinfoil, plastic sandwich bags, toothpaste, cleaning products, tampons, pads, over the counter medications (such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc.), and anything else you can think of that you cannot physically ingest for nutritional purposes.
Do you know what you can buy with food stamps? Food.
Do you know what it’s like to scrounge for change to buy non-edible necessities, use a credit card and EBT card (food stamps) during the same transaction, and then have the person in line behind you judge you for buying the ingredients to make a birthday cake?
People who disseminate false information about food stamps have never had to use food stamps.
These people literally don’t even know what foodstamps are.
Anonymous asked: DONT TAKE AVATAR AWAY FROM ME YOUVE ALREADY TAKEN PJO AND HP AND REPLACED IT WITH LESBIAN HELL PLS STAY AWAY FROM ATLA
NEVER ANON. IM GOING TO TAKE ALL YOUR PRECIOUS HETERNORMATIVE CISHET FAVORITES AND QUEER THEM UP.
Everything I aspire to be in life.
Look, I’m glad ‘12 Years’ got made and it’s wonderful that people are seeing it and there is another view of what happened in America. But I’m not real sure why Steve McQueen wanted to tackle that particular sort of thing.
[Fruitvale Station] explains things like the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the problems with stop and search, and is just more poignant. America is much more willing to acknowledge what happened in the past; “We freed the slaves! It’s all good!”. But to say: ‘We are still unnecessarily killing black men’ — let’s have a conversation about that.
this is possibly the most embarrassing endeavor on this website
there is no “tumblr hivemind” tumblr does not “contradict itself” nor is tumblr “welcoming and accepting” tumblr is not a single person it’s a fuckton of people with different opinions. those two contradictory text posts by sj bloggers you saw today were made by *gasp* different people! it’s revolutionary, ain’t it?
i’m so damn neutral about all of these actors everyone hates. people reaching so hard into yourfavisproblematic to come up w/ reasons for their hate like just say you don’t like them as a person??/ just say it??/?
Cheryl Boone Isaacs is kind of a badass.
Page 1 of 526